Courtesy of the UNLV NFA Chapter:
Top Reasons to Join the Nevada Faculty Alliance
• The NFA protects the rights of faculty and professional staff to have free and
open investigation, speech and thought.
• The NFA advocates for those rights to the administration.
• The NFA provides an effective voice for faculty and higher education in the
• The NFA is an advocate and watchdog for decent faculty salary and benefits.
• The NFA provides legal advice for members and non-members when faculty
rights are in question. The NFA provides legal services to members whose rights
have been violated.
• The NFA was involved in the original establishment of the NSHE merit pool, and
continues to advocate for competitive salaries for faculty.
• The NFA is the Nevada affiliate of the American Association of University
Professors, the longest existing national organization for advocacy of faculty.
• The NFA has great people in the organization who uniformly feel that the
university is critically important to a functioning society.
• NFA members receive the AAUP ACADEME and the NFA Alliance that keeps
members up to date on national and state trends in faculty employment issues.
• The more members we have, the more power we have. Join us!